Thursday, March 10, 2011

An ugly mole

Talon had a mole on his head that the Doctor wanted to get removed. I went into the office with Talon and Tessa not knowing what it would turn into. The Dermatologist saw it and said we need to get roots and all. He said he would get stitches, that it would hurt really bad and that he would set up the surgery room for it. I thought holy cow. I was thinking they would just scrape it off, boy was I wrong. They first put medicine in his head with a syringe and said this would hurt the most. They put so much in that he looked like he had a golf ball under his skin. After that they dug into it. It was a huge hole in his head. Talon just held his breath and didn't even cry. He asked me to just hold his hand. They couldn't believe how brave he was and said they have much older kids than him who kick them and scream. After burning the inside to stop the bleeding they stitched him up. I couldn't believe the whole thing. I am glad we got out that ugly mole and so proud of my little guy.

After taking out the mole. You can't see it completely but his whole forehead and around his eyes are swollen now. They said he will probably have a black eye.